11/04/2012

BLACK BEAN SOUP to keep you warm this #SundaySupper

I love this time of year, the cold air and winds that announce the arrival of Christmas.
And to keep us warm, the family of the #SundaySupper wants to give you a list of delicious recipes for those cold evenings.
For example, I want to invite you to try this delicious black bean soup is very easy to do. I also want to tell you that this is a very traditional soup in Costa Rica and is consumed every time you cook beans, very nutritious and hearty, my family loves it.
I highly recommend consuming it together with a blanket and a pillow next to the fireplace, is the best way to eat a soup like this.
I hope you enjoy this and all the recipes we have for you today.

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 cups black bean broth
  • 4 hard boiled eggs
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
Here is a link to my Gallo Pinto recipe where you can find how to make homemade black beans for the broth.

DIRECTIONS

In a hot pan melt butter, add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the bean broth, stir and boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve in a bowl, add the peeled boiled eggs and cilantro.

Serve immediately.

This soup can be accompanied by white rice, avocado or white bread.

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Level of the recipe: Easy


For more cozy recipes here is a list of delicious ones made just for you.


Main Entrees: 
Chili/Stews:
Soups:
Desserts/Beverages:
Join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper.  In the evening we will meet at 4pm PT for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat. 
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your Sunday Supper Soul Warming Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.

25 comments:

  1. This is a very original soup! It looks like a bowl of soy sauce. Sounds really intriguing. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of adding hard boiled egg to black bean soup. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathya~ I love eggs on anything and can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This soup is perfect for cold winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black bean broth - Ooooohhh I can't wait to check out that recipe so I can make this wonderful soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So different with the hard boiled egg. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you've added cilantro! It's my favorite thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What temperature do you set the crockpot to cook your black beans? I have given up cooking mine in the crockpot because they just don't seem to come out right. The last time I had them in the crock pot on low all day and they were still very firm almost slightly over cooked tasting. But tested the beans every hour and I never felt they were as soft as I get them when I do them on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think I have ever had hard boiled eggs in black bean soup. It is a great way to add some extra protein. THis would make a wonderful lenten meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting version of black bean soup! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting soup! I really like black bean soup, so I think I'd really like it! The broth looks very concentrated, and would go great with the eggs. I definitely want to try it - thanks so much for posting it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this recipe. I never thought to put hard boiled eggs in my soup but I am an egg head and know I would love it. I wonder how it would be soft boiled or poached! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your black bean soup looks amazing!!! I will take mine with avocado and rice please :) ~ Bea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it looks like you packed a ton of flavour into that soup. I love the addition of the boiled egg. I wish I could eat this and every meal wrapped in a blanket next to a fire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So simple! Does the bean broth freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats so unique! Never thought to do hardboiled eggs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a hard boiled egg on everything. In Korea we put hard boiled eggs into a cold noodle soup. Your dish sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11/05/2012

    I love black beans. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice-looking dish--and so simple, it seems, based on the ingredients. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This soup sounds so unique and delicious!Perfect for this time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good idea to add in hard boiled egg with the soup. I must try this out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never had bean soup with hard cooked eggs. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never seen black bean soup made with hard boiled eggs. It sounds interesting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My husband loves black beans, he would be all over this soup!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all the suggestions, recommendations and more from you. Let me know what is in your mind, thanks. :D