9/02/2012

PORK SLIDERS a #SundaySupper Cookout

I love holidays especially when it's still summer and the family can enjoy a special time.
This week we celebrate Labor Day in style and what better way than to prepare a delicious cookout. On this occasion I made delicious pork sliders, which have been a success in my family, which makes me very happy because there are times it is hard to get kids to eat new things.
Super easy to make and only require an occasional ingredient and to make your day even easier you can cook the pork since previous day and serve at room temperature.
The holidays are a time for families to enjoy a great time and for that reason we should not complicate, I invite you to make these delicious mini burgers that will delight every member of your family.
Enjoy them.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound of pork tenderloin
  • 1 cup of already made Pesto
  • 2 Roma tomatos, sliced
  • 1 avocado cut in to slices
  • 12 sliders buns
  • Salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS

Season the pork with salt and pepper.
In a hot pan with oil, cook the meat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
Once the meat cooked, let rest and slice.

To assemble the sliders:
Split the bread, place half a teaspoon of pesto on top of each bread, place 2 slices of meat, a slice of tomato, 2 slices of avocado and other top of the bread.

Serve and enjoy.

This recipe makes 12 sliders.

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Level of the recipe: Easy


To continue with this celebration, here are more delicious recipes to enjoy.

Starters & Snacks

Main Dishes

Salads & Sides

Drinks

Desserts

Wine Pairings

  • Labor Day Cookout Food And Wine Pairings byENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 4:00 p.m. PT for our weekly #SundaySupper  live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat!
We’d also love to feature your Cookout recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!

20 comments:

  1. MMMM looks like some pork goodness to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to do pork tenderloin sliders. What a great way to feed a crowd easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I need is avocado and the buns and I ready to make this. I love pork tenderloin and the pesto on it is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Sliced tenderloin as sliders is a great idea! So easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathia, I picked your blog (pork sliders caught my eye)...from Lizzy's Sunday Supper list on her blog, and I'm glad I did! Your sliders are super easy and totally yummy; something that even the little kids would enjoy for Labor Day's celebration.

    I tweeted it, and following you on both twitter and on your blog. So nice that you and I have something in common. You're a personal chef, and I'm now,(former private chef of 20yrs)
    Private chef differs a bit from the 'personal chef'...being employed for full time by private individuals, or a private family. A very rewarding position, for either TITLE:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathia, love your pork tenderloin little sliders...a great suggestion for Labor Day! Easy, fun, and delicious. I tweeted it...following you on twitter and on your blog! (via good friend's Lizzy,s blog)
    from the other Lizzie (with the (ie) at the end!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds and looks delicious! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9/02/2012

    I like this idea of using a pork tenderloin, cool. And it is the perfect size for a slider bun. I will have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another great slider idea! Wonderful! Definitely trying this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avocado and pork tenderloin? Sign me up, please! These sound delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made sliders, but I know my kids would love them. I really like how this uses pesto (one of my favorite things).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pork tenderloin, but have never eaten in like this. And I will eat avocado on anything, so I am all over this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pork and can't wait to try your pork sliders... what an awesome recipe. I can't wait to share this recipe with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband loves pork sliders! I don't think i've seen an easier recipe! This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice ! Lovely pics and the recipe is great ! Will try this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sliders is the BEST labor day cookout meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this looks so easy, perfect when you have a lot of people you are serving. I love entertaining but not when I spend so long in the kitchen that I miss out on the socializing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice change! Going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9/04/2012

    I love Sliders!! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been looking for a reason to use my new fangled avocado slicer! :)

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all the suggestions, recommendations and more from you. Let me know what is in your mind, thanks. :D