10/14/2011

MY GRANNY COCONUT CAJETA

An original recipe from my beloved grandmother and I want to share with you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as me.

INGREDIENTS

2 cans of condensed milk
2 cups shredded coconut
2 sticks butter
1 / 4 teaspoon coconut extract
15 units of graham crackers
pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS

In a heavy bottomed pan heat the butter, condensed milk and coconut, stirring constantly for 15 minutes over medium heat until mixture is browned, add a pinch of salt and coconut extract.
Make crumbs with the cookies.
Remove from heat and add the cookies, bring back to the heat and let thicken about 15 minutes. Remember that during this process must move constantly.
Remove from heat.
We take teaspoons of the mixture and form balls, put them on parchment paper to cool completely.

From this recipe you get 62 cajetas.

Versión en español CLICK AQUI

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear all the suggestions, recommendations and more from you. Let me know what is in your mind, thanks. :D